Please contact Travel Support
if you have special requests regarding bedding, meals or medical needs, or any other questions about this trip.Please note:
At the time of booking, you will see a page with your order number and trip cost. This is your confirmation. Please retain and bring this information with you on your trip.
Gratuities are not included. We suggest US$3-4 per day for housekeeping; US$5 per person for train attendant; US$5 per person for bus driver; and US$1 per person for train entertainers.Maswik Lodge:
• There are no elevators at Maswik Lodge.
• The lodge is within walking distance of the Grand Canyon’s edge and historic Grand Canyon Village.Train rides:
• Children under age 3 are not allowed on the train. Age is determined at the time of travel.
• A passenger service attendant will share facts about the area during the train ride.
• Musicians commonly roam the train playing tunes for passengers.
• Each morning before the train leaves, the Cataract Creek Gang and the town marshal perform a square off at Williams Depot. In the afternoon, the cowboys will perform a train robbery. Refreshments on the train:
• Complimentary refreshments will be provided, including fresh fruit, pastries, coffee and juice during the morning train ride on Day 2.
• Snacks and nonalcoholic beverages will be provided during the afternoon train ride on Day 3.
• Beer, wine and mixed drinks will be available at an additional cost.Weather:
• The Colorado Plateau is semi-arid and water can be scarce. However, communities like Williams typically have snowy winters, and the snowmelt provides the region with its water base.
• It is recommended that you dress in layers.Wildlife:
• As you travel through the forests of the Grand Canyon country, keep your eyes out for elk, mountain lions, mule deer, squirrels and skunks.
• In the high desert, it is common to see pronghorn, which look like antelope, and a variety of birds including bald eagles, horned owls, ravens and California condors.
• While at the South Rim, you will notice the animals are accustomed to humans, but please do not feed the animals as this increases their dependency on people for food.